Important Update regarding transcripts:
We strongly encourage all transcripts to be ordered through parchment until further notice. Transcript requests received through U.S. mail will only be processed on Wednesdays during this time period. In-person requests or Parchment walk-up or pick-up requests are not being accepted.
Unofficial transcripts may be viewed by current students through the Hollins Information System (https://prodssb.hollins.edu/). There are two ways to order official transcripts from Hollins University as outlined in the request guidelines below.
1. Parchment Online Transcript Processing
Working in partnership with Parchment Inc., Hollins University uses a Parchment solution to automate the University’s transcript request process. This allows you to order a transcript electronically via the Web and send either electronic or paper transcripts. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will be charged only after your order has been completed.
- To order official transcript(s), login to: Parchment Inc.
- The site will walk you through creating an account and placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can request as many transcripts as you like in a single session.
- You should verify that the transcript recipients will accept electronic transcripts before choosing that option. Because the emails from Parchment are from a “no reply” address, recipients may need to check their “junk” folder for errant emails.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. Check your order status or history through your online Parchment account.
2. By Mail to the Registrar’s Office
- Download a transcript request form – please read carefully, print and complete required information, sign and mail to address on form. Mail request form with payment of $10.00 for each official transcript to: Registrar’s Office, Hollins University, Box 9708, 7916 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24020
- Official transcripts are $10.00 each. Payment may be made by check, cash, or money order. All checks or money orders must be made payable to Hollins University.
If you are unable to access the transcript request form, a written request will be accepted with the following information:
- Full name used while attending the college/university
- Signature (required)
- Social Security Number
- Year graduated or attended
- Current address, phone number and e-mail address
- Number of copies and complete mailing address for transcripts to be mailed
- Mail request form with payment of $10.00 for each official transcript to: Registrar’s Office, Hollins University, Box 9708, 7916 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24020
- Payment may be made by check, cash, or money order.
- We do not fax
- For expedited delivery of paper transcripts via FedEx, the ordered must be place through Parchment. If the information supplied in the request is not complete, the Registrar’s Office will contact the student.
- Transcripts are reproduced through a process that reduces the probability of undetected alterations.
- Authentication must include the signature/title of the certifying official, and date of certification.
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, transcripts are issued only at the student’s written and signed request.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Official transcript.A dated copy of a student’s permanent academic record that includes the seal of the University and the signature of the registrar.
- Certifying Official.The registrar is the certifying official for issuing transcripts.
- Student.Current student or alumna/us of Hollins College/University.
- Release of Transcript. An official copy of a transcript with an Academic Standards key is sent by first class mail directly to school/institutions and other organizations, or to the student upon the written and signed request of the student. Official transcripts are not released until it is ascertained that the student has settled all accounts with the University and is not delinquent in University loan programs. A facsimile (faxed) transcript is not permitted due to security, data transmission, and privacy considerations. The Registrar’s Office attempts to process all transcript requests in a courteous, efficient and timely manner, usually within 72 hours. At present, transcript requests sent by mail to the Registrar’s Office will be processed weekly on Wednesdays. Weekly processing will remain in effect until April 10.
- Parental Request. Transcripts will not be released to parents without the student’s signed, written request.
- Unofficial Transcript. Unofficial transcripts are available for current students only.Faculty or staff may request an unofficial transcript of a current student. There is no charge for unofficial transcripts. Students requesting an unofficial transcript for a faculty member will need complete a Transcript Request Form.
- “Holds” from the Business Office or Financial Aid Office.If the student’s record shows a “hold”, the appropriate office is contacted to learn the nature of the hold. Students are contacted (by telephone or email) to inform them of the hold and they are asked to contact the appropriate office directly. The Registrar’s Office does not discuss the nature of the hold with the student.
- Billing.Payment must be received before transcript requests will be processed.